July 05, 2014

'Funky butterfly & deer' top for my dearest sister

Here I am once again today. In my introduction I just forgot to tell you that recently I have developed many new found interests of which one is stitching. Yes, isn't it awesome? 

And this interest is now becoming an irresistible habit. So much that I insist my mother to go out shopping. No, not to buy already stitched clothes but to buy fabric which I can creatively turn into a garment. (She must be so fed up of me by now.)  I just love stitching. Feels so great when I make something out of a plain piece of cloth. And I like to call it 'Handmade wid Love'. :) 

My routine gives me an opportunity to cater to my instant creative urges and what better than stitching a top for my sister. Have a look at what I made out of the fabric. The fabric used is called Tango- one of the varieties of Georgette (that's what I got to know when salesman was educating me on the various types of  fabric).

And here is me wearing the top. 


I instantly fell in love with the print of the fabric. It's got so many fun elements - small upside down houses, deer, butterflies, leaves etc. 



I've made a simple round neckline which compliments the front design of the top and added a small puff on the sleeves. Uff, it took great effort to manage the material. Cottons are a lot better to work with. 

Just hope that my sister will like the top. :) Hope you all like it too. 

Do write in your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment