July 29, 2014

Memories entangled - DIY Photo-frame

In life, there's no pause button, no rewind, and definitely no replay. Its not where you are in life, it's who you have by your side that matters. And pictures (say Cheeeeezzzzzz) are there to remind us so we never forget. 

Since past many years, I have been wanting to put up a nice photo collage framed (like we get in Archies) in our home, but I never liked how they were formed. I always wanted to put up something different. As we've got a lot of pictures, it seemed to be a good idea that I put up something where we could change the pictures often. 

Fortunately, I found a very old canvas (lying under the bed from ages, I suppose. Uff, full of dust) which my mother bought for us to paint something. And knowing me, I tried so many times to start working on it but I would just take it out, look at it for hours and then put it away thinking that I should first gather ideas on what I want to do with it. Hahaha. So, after a long wait the canvas was being used. Finally! 

Ok ok!! I din't use the canvas. I just used it's frame. Below is the picture of all the material I used to make the frame.



So here it is. My 'Memories entangled' photo-frame. Actually before naming this frame memories entangled I was thinking of naming it 'The cobweb of memories'. But because the suggestion came from a very dear friend (and I loved the name too), I named it such. :) 




I made very cute jute flowers to decorate border of the frame. 




Everybody at home loved the idea. And the best part is we can change the pictures whenever we want to and the size of the pictures can vary. Do give it a try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment